Home Unreal Engine

Real World Landscapes plugin is genuinely really good

poopipe
grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
poopipe grand marshal polycounter
I don't normally like to talk things up (especially if I didn't make them) but this is really, really good and the Docs/promotional material don't do it justice. 

I've got a lot of experience using real satellite and GIS data in Unreal and it's been a completely miserable experience the whole time - despite the suite of software I've written to make the whole thing less shit. 

This thing allows you to combine satellite and GIS data from multiple sources in a non-destructive way.
Apart from generating a landscape from a DTM it can use open streetmap data to generate landscape paint layers, generate splines for roads, place blueprints  and a bunch of other stuff.
and... Importantly...  you can change it later without needing to delete everything

You do need to spend some time learning about GIS data/terms/software but if you're generating large terrains based on real locations this is definitely something you want to look at.

This month it's free on the marketplace - just get it in case you need it one day