Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio critique - colinbridges.net - transitioning from motion graphics to 3D game art

Hey all - if anyone has a moment to check out my online portfolio and let me know what's working and what's not, that would be so helpful! I've spent a lot of years doing 2D / 3D motion design work, but now I'm trying to focus mostly on 3D modeling and texturing. Thanks everybody!

http://colinbridges.net

Replies

• loshmiii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loshmiii polycounter lvl 7
    Hello,

I would remove these two from portfolio. Without going into any technical or artistic side of these projects, they simply don't look attractive to eye. Even bigger problem is that they are casting bad shadow on top two project (two environment scenes) which are pretty good.
  • Krom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Krom polycounter lvl 13
    I would also take away the boulders. They look primitive and like you just posted your first model ever.
    Make your outpost project the main point of attention. You can post a video of the scene as long as it looks more impressive and gives more information on the work. You can post first a cyclical video that autoplays.
    Then you can do the same to the second project.
    All unfinished stuff can be on a separate page.
    Video samples page look like a total chaos. I didn't get what it was.

• sketchariffic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the critiques! Yeah, the video stuff is from my motion graphics work. I had somebody in the motion graphics industry tell me that I should show a huge amount of examples of stuff because motion graphics requires so many different styles and looks. But you're totally right, it's just a lot lol. I've already updated everything with your thoughts in mind. Thanks again!