Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Critique] Kunai Holder for Wall

marcstigall
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
marcstigall polycounter lvl 2
Hello, I'm trying to improve my 3D art. All feedback is welcome.

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! I think overall the image doesn't tell much of a clear/consistent story. What do you want to convey to the viewer? Subject wise, you could work off existing concepts or photos. Composition wise the camera is quite close.

The knife storage seems a bit unpractical. As they are knifes, one would probably like to grab them by the handle? Maybe use a belt instead, with the blades going in, or some knife block as can be found in some kitchens.

Keep it up!
  • marcstigall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marcstigall polycounter lvl 2
    @Fabi_G Thank you for your insight. I was going for a "Take this with you" kind of feel. I do think looking at existing concepts to recreate may be more beneficial. I got this idea because my gf is watching Naruto for the first time and I wanted to do something interesting with the knives. I definitely could recreate a concept though and replace the knives in this scene with some keys maybe? 
  • Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    @marcstigall I see! If you want to go for an "departing on an adventure/ preparing for the unknown" feel, it could be helpful to search for references regarding the shot, play around with different camera angles. Maybe additional items to indicate preparation to face the outside (armor, bag, ...). Defining a specific setting (location + time) would help to flesh out details of the scene.