Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ayo Spidey

ade2004wally
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
ade2004wally polycounter lvl 10
I decided to "cast" my nephew Ayo for role of Miles Morales for this stylized character art project. My nephew (and niece fam, relax) are very dear to me, and we both really love Spiderman. Ayo loved PJ masks when he was much younger and if allowed would crush up to four bananas in a single day.

The character was sculpted in zbrush, with retopology  and UVs in 3ds max. Map baking in Substance Painter, and texturing in  Substance Painter and Photoshop. ActorCore AccuRIG was used to create a quick rig for posing.

Thanks for viewing. Feedback is always appreciated.

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Alright, neat i like all the variations, just going to express my very 1st thoughts, i myself didn't enjoy seeing the opened legged front view it was all fine until then, i thought ruined, it was sweet and the thread story was cool.  Cause the whole time i was viewing this i wanted it to remain K,PG, i get it its the famous swing pose, but... can't really unsee.  so if i had to say anything finding an alternative angle for this render (or place the shadowing in a better place) might be best to avoid anyone else stating anything the same.  (i blame all this talk about islands and people in "power", doing unspeakable things, if you venture into all areas of information.)

Otherwise this was cool to check out, i like that you added your family to it in one way or another, i think the artistic situation of this character shines through all that work you put into it, neat work for me.  (i do not watch any of this stuff about spidey anymore, investigating other spiritual matters, more now-a-days, eventually i suppose we all do at those ages/situations.)
    All the best though, remember the one that gave it to you to enjoy, that is all i want to request, yes "you/all" did it but with help. (knowingly or unknowingly)

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @iam717 You're saying you didn't like how... _you_ chose to focus on a child's crotch? Please leave that kind of shit unsaid next time, why don't you?

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    yup i made the render...you got it, you run the show for now, its also a 3d object in the form there off, to be correct.  As a mod it would've been great if you also contributed to the post/thread, like i did for future reference.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    great project, just got to figure out a way to substitute this model in as a mod for a spider man game and you become greatest uncle who ever lived
  • ade2004wally
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ade2004wally polycounter lvl 10
    iam717 said:
    Alright, neat i like all the variations, just going to express my very 1st thoughts, i myself didn't enjoy seeing the opened legged front view it was all fine until then, i thought ruined, it was sweet and the thread story was cool.  Cause the whole time i was viewing this i wanted it to remain K,PG, i get it its the famous swing pose, but... can't really unsee.  so if i had to say anything finding an alternative angle for this render (or place the shadowing in a better place) might be best to avoid anyone else stating anything the same.  (i blame all this talk about islands and people in "power", doing unspeakable things, if you venture into all areas of information.)

Otherwise this was cool to check out, i like that you added your family to it in one way or another, i think the artistic situation of this character shines through all that work you put into it, neat work for me.  (i do not watch any of this stuff about spidey anymore, investigating other spiritual matters, more now-a-days, eventually i suppose we all do at those ages/situations.)
    All the best though, remember the one that gave it to you to enjoy, that is all i want to request, yes "you/all" did it but with help. (knowingly or unknowingly)

Interesting, I didn't think of this while creating camera angles. My goal was to show the detail on the soles of the spidey suit. Seems a bit weird but to each his own. I did not intend to showcase the kid's crotch.

Alex_J said:
    great project, just got to figure out a way to substitute this model in as a mod for a spider man game and you become greatest uncle who ever lived

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully the game can me modded on PC. My nephew would lose it.
    Not sure who to thank but much thanks for the front page honor.