Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Rima

Replies

• Rima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rima greentooth
    iam717 said:
    Well done on studying, just wanted to say whenever you are completed with this way of doing things i found doing things like this helps much more (for  me) & felt like adding it in as a possible option down the road to give a shot for you to decide which is best course of action when creating similar designs.
    Though i took that process to the next level and did each muscle group so you can adjust sections to your liking or results expected.  That is all no need to really address this comment otherwise.
    All the best. hf.

Hmm, that would be worth trying. It seems fairly efficient, if a little clunky. I'll look into it.

• Rima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rima greentooth
    It's been a little bit since I posted some sketches. I was trying to get the hang of legs, so I did a load more. I think I've worked them out now, though I should study a bit more to be certain. It turns out what was throwing me off were a few small muscles that I'd overlooked. That was fucking stupid. The last study I did doesn't look quite right, but I do understand the problem now, so it's not far off of correctness; I just decided to leave that one be instead of working more on it.

I also did some studies of feet; I'm not really familiar with them much, since they're rarely the object of my focus. They're probably the last thing anyone would look at on a character model, but I can't really bear the idea of making something decent and then shitting it up with bad, deformed looking feet, so I want to become skilled at them, too.  But I need to work on something else. Arms are the last body part I don't really know much about or have skill at sculpting; if I can do them and hands alright, I'll only need to worry about heads, and then, in theory, I'll have a decent enough understanding overall to create a whole. Last time I tried it was just deeply insufficient...

• Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
  • Rima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rima greentooth
    Tits said:
    Nice work! 

Thank you. I probably need to pull my finger out and do more than just sketches, though. It might've just turned into procrastination.
  • Rima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rima greentooth
    Some sketches I've done recently. Apparently totally out of order despite the way I uploaded them. Oh well. I should revise the back muscles. Those aren't right.

That aside, I'm also studying the forearms. They're the last part I'm really awful at due to lack of knowledge. Got the extensors down. Just the flexors next.

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I think the anatomy looks convincing. 

Here is a rather famous artist who was widely criticized for having "bad" anatomy. 
    How this "terrible artist" made MILLIONS - YouTube
  • Rima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rima greentooth
    Alex_J said:
    I think the anatomy looks convincing. 

Here is a rather famous artist who was widely criticized for having "bad" anatomy. 
    How this "terrible artist" made MILLIONS - YouTube

Ah, Liefeld. Comic book fans in the 90s, I'm told, wanted their comics EXTREME and GRITTY and full of edge. Say what you will about Liefeld's anatomy and inability to draw feet, but the man was in touch with what they wanted, and he made a fortune back then by giving it to them. The existence of Image has been very good for American comics, too, though the whole medium in that country is still largely stuck in the superhero ghetto.