Home Adobe Substance

2DView Export washed while using aces

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
TannedBatman polycounter lvl 6

As you can see on the left it results are washed. Im using ACESsRGB colour and exporting 2dview. 

I have tried changing the settings in many ways but I must be misunderstanding something.

Sorry if these seems clueless or random but it is an issue I have and would love to know how I can accurately represent the 2dview when exported, thank you.

Replies

• TannedBatman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TannedBatman polycounter lvl 6
    Im looking into exporting the base colours and doing light baking in marmoset if possible, would love advice on that if its possible, I havent used marmoset much.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    To correctly color manage your work you need to make sure you're telling each application in the chain what space it's input values are encoded in. 

Imported textures will have an import space to linear space transform applied (caveats apply for normal/data maps)
    next the textures will have a linear to working space transform applied - this is what you look at while you're working (plus any view space transforms)
    at export the textures will have a working space to export space transform

Those Your current settings will work if your input textures are encoded in ACES space and marmoset is expecting inputs in ACES space
    I don't use marmoset so I have no idea what color management options are available. 

Generally speaking for game art work it is safest to use the opencolorIO Substance configuration and leave the settings at the defaults.
    This is most likely to be compatible with the other tools in your pipeline which generally expect color/emissive to be encoded in sRGB and everything else linear.