Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for feedback on my Portfolio

node
Offline / Send Message
Rhav node
Hey! Could you give some feedback on my portfolio? To be fair, this is still in a "starting stage" as i'm still only a student in this art. So any feedback is appreciated

https://diego_rhv.artstation.com/

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    Nice start! I see some great learning opportunities with what you have in your portfolio.

Improve your technique on your blade assets. I found this great reference you could use. I think to begin, you should try to match its edge and color best you can and only after, make it your own.

Your desk scene has a lot of potential, I'd work to develop that further. I would first challenge you to focus on improving relative prop scale. Use hand sized objects designed to be grasped and manipulated as a measuring stick, place them next together, view them in ortho space, and adjust them to be held by the same fingers.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    I'd do more test bakes, and style studies, very small things that won't upset you if they take a bit of time to do, coins, usb's, sticks, rocks.  Things like these then try to make logs or documents of processes that worked for you or record the screen, all the work being done.   I mention styles as you seem to just be making stuff and doesn't look like any of it has an end goal as far as styling goes. 

Generally it all looks "attempted" realistic, if you are interested in realism then that is a place to start into study, what makes things look realistic.  You also seem to like environment + weaponry, another project idea to try is a scene that maybe bloated but that you could also split apart as you go, eventually creating said environment, each piece could be a single piece if you are trying to pad the "portfolio quickly".   What came to mind is something i think is called iso scene's 1 minute search, this is the idea i have for people in similar achieving of goals.

Hope it helps, remember you can always chose to do or not do anyone's suggestions, gage what is best for your artistic desires.  All the best.