Home General Discussion

No News is Good News?

Well it looks like our forum host Vanilla has accidentally removed the News/Home page haha. 

We should have a Best Of, showing recent posts with 3+ likes. Also a Front Page tab with curated stuff. 

Oh well. I’ll take a deeper look tomorrow. :,(

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Yea its been gone for like a week, had been wondering why you guys took it down.
    Surprised to hear such a major change was caused by a bug!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A week? It was good as of the 15th, but then Vanilla made a change that day and inadvertently removed it. 

Anyhow I’ve reset the home page so it should be good for now. Fingers crossed.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Well maybe not a week, but certainly several days before this thread was made. Maybe it didn't break for everyone at the same time? I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    It was broken for me yesterday, but it looks like the news page is back!
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Got it back but something came up 5 times and some gif is floating on the 1st row 2nd thread results of quick loading scroll down and back up, that sucks, backups ftw.  We used to be able to save entire webpages, is that still a thing for ("offline") use...(to avoid this) they pinching everything now-a-days, oh your audio does not work well if you aren't online your s.o.o.l.  90's, plug in audio... big differences now-a-days..
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quickly scrolling a dynamically generated page will probably cause rendering problems. Flaw in the forum software that we have no control over. 

They also changed the way it used to work. It used to display a short snippet of each post, to display them in tiles. But now they just show the full posts. Shrug. I’ve complained but they’re not listening.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Ty for the info, i just wanted to report a bug if there was one, i think i did find one i can add to this comment to make it (this comment) worth while, With bold and italics, the buttons won't untick once you start at the end of the sentence and some parts, i had problems with just yesterday going to the middle of a paragraph and trying to embolden a single word and it emboldened the entire sentence up to the . and i couldn't get it to work so i had to highlight all but the last letter and then readd in that letter to get the entire word in, very strange, but if this is how the new stuff works i guess, i can live with it.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is actually the old forum system, which has old bugs, but they're less onerous than the big bugs in the newer system they're trying to get us to move to. I fear we'll have to move eventually, since they've stopped supporting the old system.

One thing you can do with this older post editor is use the html mode to edit your text, just click the </> button. That's something the new system doesn't allow anymore, among many things they've dropped. Blah.