Home Technical Talk

Best Budget Monitors under 500 $

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Desperat uncle needs help. My nephew is gonna start at Babelsberg 3D-Academy. His aunt just bought him a MacBook pro. My part is to supply the monitor. My very amateur research lead me to the brands Asus Prorart , LG-ultrafine and Benq PD-Series. As far as i understand 27´´ is better than 32´´. i am gonna list my pre choices but you are free to suggest anything . 
1.Asus ProArt PA279CV
BenQ PD2705U
Asus ProArt PA279CRV
LG 27UN880P-B
LG 32QP880N-B

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    They're all pretty solid choices for the price range I think - I had previous models of those ranges on my shortlist before I decided to buy a house instead.

27" @4k is  a nice sharp image but not ideal for unscaled text etc if you have 3 foot deep desk.

It's worth mentioning that there's only a couple of major panel manufacturers (LG being one of them) so most monitors of a given size/price range use the same panel anyway - if that's the case differences are mostly just packaging, software and markup. 

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    I like my current 24"  Samsung  IPS  sRGB  for around  $200.    An only brand that does it with a flat  V shaped leg you can screw off  and put  both in a suitcase  together with your laptop and other staff.    Best travel solution  I found.    Colors are just right  out of a box in sRGB mode.    Hardly any noticeable difference with my expensive laptop with wider gamut screen   I used  Xrite colorimeter  on  at all.