Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Town Environment UE5

Njel
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Njel polycounter lvl 3
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XgD6Dy

A personal project where I tried to apply the knowledge I gained from a mentorship with Lucas Annunziata, which I was fortunate to have a while ago. I tried my hand at slightly more serious/realistic stylized PBR.
Lots of inspiration for both art and modular approach taken from Ranko Prozos' Vagrant Story artworks, and Philip Klevestavs' Snowy Little Town.
Really enjoyed exploring Unreal Engine 5 and trying to utilize as much of its tools as possible to make faster progress. Happy to get some more complex shaders up than I was previously used to and spent a lot of time learning lighting theory and execution in UE.

All feedback is welcome!

More pictures and some process on Artstation

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Great work! Loads of expressive detail. This isn't textured right? Looks like a clay shader atm.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Reminds me of Dishonored. I love it a lot, a lot.
  • CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Looks great! Some feedback: I noticed this horizontal bricklaying (which I assume is the same mesh as the corners of the buildings) which looks a bit strange. I think the planks you used in other parts work better :smiley:

Also, I noticed was that the youtube videos loaded in with the lowest resolution so maybe itd be better to upload the .mp4 files directly to artstation to get full quality from the start. Video files on artstation also loop afaik which looks nice