Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need help fixing this

Replies

• Vertrucio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    What is the problem you need to fix? How large is this? Is this going into a game engine or for a CG production?
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    yea OP, you can't just come in here and say 'need help fixing this' and leave without context :p
  • Rhav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhav node
    oops sorry guys, when i wrote this it was 2 am and my mind wasn't really connected. This is just a personal project of a prop. Im not really satisfied with lights and camera, and how they react to the shaders. I came here to find if people could help me find a way to make this more "interesting". Sorry again for my lack of given information.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    hire this one immediately!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To make it more interesting, learn about lighting. 

Put the model into a context, help it tell a narrative. It's difficult to understand what scale this item is. The ring looks like a boat's life preserver, but the strap it's hanging from looks like necklace sized. 

The texturing on the ring part is difficult to understand. What material is this made out of? Add details to help the viewer understand what it's made of, what history it has, how it has been used over time. Is it painted wood? Then show the wood grain bumping under the paint, and how the paint was stroked onto it with brush marks. Is it wrapped in fabric? Then show seams, threads, wear, etc.