Home Technical Talk

maya question re multi sub object

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
so if I have an object with more than one material and I click on a face with a pareticular material, maya does not
automatically seclect that material in the attribute aditor like in blender.
is ther any way to sync the selection?

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Ruz said:
    so if I have an object with more than one material and I click on a face with a pareticular material, maya does not
    automatically seclect that material in the attribute aditor like in blender.
    is ther any way to sync the selection?

If you open the hypershade and right click in the graph view you can select "graph materials on viewport selection"  from the marking menu - this will bring up the material for whatever you have selected
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I just wanted to avoid doing that since my scene has hundreds of materials, but its only an issue when I have imported a scene via fbx and have to rename my materials. Once they are renamed it s not an issue, but I swear maya used to do this like blender, where you click on a face and the associated material is highlighted in the attribute editor. Must be false memory or something :)
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    @sprunghunt I actually  solved it , if you select the meterial by face , right click and go to 'material attributes' near the bottom of the list, it selects the right material :)