Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Death Company Dreadnought

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Would love some feedback for my work, thanks in advance, modelled in 3ds, textured in substance painter 

Replies

• Vertrucio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    The texture work doesn't really help highlight the forms well. It's just mostly black with oil slick over it. Even if that was the color scheme it's missing the usual wear like exposed metal and areas of different roughness.

I'd like to see the model without the textures.
  • Fabi_G
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Surface looks somewhat glowy and the shading shows some gradients. Could be the material and/or texture setup (normal map: correct handedness?, correct texture type?, sampled correctly?). Does it look differently in Painter? Should look into this, as it overshadows the presentation.
  • r015855i
    Vertrucio said:
    The texture work doesn't really help highlight the forms well. It's just mostly black with oil slick over it. Even if that was the color scheme it's missing the usual wear like exposed metal and areas of different roughness.

I'd like to see the model without the textures.
    I wanted to give it a painted look to it as its based of a model, I took screenshots in max so its not the best lighting here is the model without texture.
    I appreciate the feedback thankyou

• r015855i
    Fabi_G said:
    Hi! Surface looks somewhat glowy and the shading shows some gradients. Could be the material and/or texture setup (normal map: correct handedness?, correct texture type?, sampled correctly?). Does it look differently in Painter? Should look into this, as it overshadows the presentation.
    Here is better presentation now I have it in unreal still need to work on the lighting more though.