Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback and help for a beginner with a 3D head sculpt

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello, I am a new user and this is my first post. I am still a complete beginner in sculpture. I have only been sculpting for 2 months. I already modeled a body and now I'm trying to sculpt a female head in Zbrush. I got to this level by watching a lot of tutorials and material references, but now I've reached a point where I feel very stuck and don't know exactly what to do to keep improving. Advice from more experienced artists would be a great help.

url obj file:  https://mega.nz/file/2Nw02RaT#9j70xaQ3D5SbgqZ4uAjTLV9Z0iJF6Smytcvhxn1Fvlg

Replies

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    Honestly, this is pretty good for only 2 months in! Can you share your references? Your sculpt is a bit lumpy and I think you need to go back to the primary forms. I recommend getting the planes of the face in really solidly before moving on. The skull is also a really weird shape; it shouldn't go up as much as it does. 

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Face planes above is a great piece of advice! You can also use a program like Daz as reference on a screen next to you while you work. If the work above is for training then I don't think concentrating on just a head for such a long time is a good idea. You should be making a lot of figure sketches to get comfortable with the whole subject.