Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Wars Inspired eta 2 actis class interceptor W.I.P

So am currently learing how to animate and rigging a veichle and am also learning how to texture in substance painter this is where am at currently 
So this is the animation that I have made inside of 3Ds max and the setup is like this 

I have made a CAT Rig Setup in max and made the main body a bone and the wings and feet and the door to get in a seperate bone then using the animation tools at the bottem of I have made them and imported them into UE5.

picture of the Spaceship in Unreal

Picture of the roughness map in unreal

This is the setup that I have for the texturing in substance painter.

I want to improve my texturing and my animation skills how can I improve those skills ? 

Thanks for reading 😊👍

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'd suggest trying to get a good clean looking model before adding dirt, scratches, wear, and damage to it. Treating different materials and surfaces differently goes a long way, and having some logic to the layers of details you're building up on the model. 
  • Joel_Tilsley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD said:
    I'd suggest trying to get a good clean looking model before adding dirt, scratches, wear, and damage to it. Treating different materials and surfaces differently goes a long way, and having some logic to the layers of details you're building up on the model. 
    Thank you for the advice I have cleaned the model and removed most of the dirt and kept the damage and edgewear I am going to do as you say and layer the dirt and grunge in layers and try to layer it in a more thoughtful manner. 😊👍
    I have also made a cool little scene inside of UE5 just to show of the VFX I have made

Now I haven't used Designer as much as I have with painter so my knowledge with designer is really minimal
    I am gonna add some motion blur in PS to add some motion to the scene I have made the scene via making a planet material inside of designer and making it pan in UE5 and I have also made the star background inside of designer too 

this is the material that I have made for it inside of UE5 

These are how the particles are setup in niagara

any suggestions or feedback is much appreciated 
    Thanks for reading 😊👍