Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Autumn Cottage

Hi

I am working on this Autumn Cottage scene inspired by a concept done by PixelCat from Artstation, polishing things up now but would be grateful for feedback

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    You kept the muted colors of the concept art, but brought in much more saturated foliage so the house seems extra dull/grey in comparison. I'd try making the house a bit more saturated or dulling the foliage to match the concept. 

The house could also use a bit more of the gardening and plants of the concept, feels less inviting because of it. 

I don't think the background hills/mountains are doing anything to help the look and feel of the scene. The house if anything is looking smaller and gets lost in the grayness of the distance fog. 
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    Loving that spire's window.
  • Orkney203
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD said:
    You kept the muted colors of the concept art, but brought in much more saturated foliage so the house seems extra dull/grey in comparison. I'd try making the house a bit more saturated or dulling the foliage to match the concept. 

The house could also use a bit more of the gardening and plants of the concept, feels less inviting because of it. 

I don't think the background hills/mountains are doing anything to help the look and feel of the scene. The house if anything is looking smaller and gets lost in the grayness of the distance fog. 

Yeah I agree with you on most points. I knew the house wasnt popping against the background - I will be upping the contrast/saturation on the house and trying to dull the background a bit somehow.

Your point about the gardening plants is also valid I will be adding in more of those

I want to keep the background hills but will be working to make them not detract from the house.

Thankyou for the feedback :)