Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Game Character "Paladin"

KeiQ
polycounter lvl 2

Replies

• Rinchou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I adore the armor, very solid shape and design. Good materials, interesting to look at. I personally don't think the face/body suits the style of the armor. They're well done separately, no comment there. But imo don't work together well. I do have two comments on the face, first one being that I think the lips could be slightly thinner. They quite overpower the model's other, very soft features. The irises seem too simplified to match the realistic face, adding a highlight would make the character seem much more alive. The cape lacks interest, it's fairly dull and matte compared to the very shiny and fantasy like armor, a nice texture on it would go a long way. 

On the armor the leather belt sticks out a bit, the normal map looks a bit blurry in some areas. To me it looks a bit too realistic compared to the rest of the materials on the armor. I do really love the metal parts of the armor. Lastly the shape of the hair, I think the realistic/stylized contrast is most visible there. The shape of the hair is very stylized, the flow of the hair does not work. You can see both the hair root and hair ends of the same strand in some places, make sure to start the hair root at the scalp.