Home Adobe Substance

Weird Graph Nodes

Hi, i have a problem for which I can't find a solution. And my own experience with Designer is not big enough to solve it by myself.

My project has the dimensions 512x512. I have (successfully) created the usual maps (PNG - AO, normal, curvature, opacity etc). In other programs the maps appear completely correct (512x512/16bit)

If I now drag one of these maps into the Graph Editor, only a 1x1 pixel thumbnail is generated. If I change the engine (from Direct3D 11 to SSE2) and Computing Thumbnails - the same nodes have a size of 16x16 pixel. The same happens with some standard maps directly from the program. For example Grunge Map 006 is generated normally - Grunge 005 again only with a maximum of 16x16 resolution. If I switch back to Direct3D11 Engine, all maps that were previously 16x16 in size are now only 1x1 pixels in size again. Changing "Output Size" doesn't affect anything.

Graphics driver is up to date.

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    assuming your graph output size isn't set to something stupid this is probably one for Adobe support. 
    I haven't had this sort of problem (using it since 2013) on any of my machines (both intel and amd, with nvidia gpu and integrated amd gpu ) and none of my team have reported anything 

the forums are awful compared to when allegorithmic had their branding on it but I have had prompt responses to bug reports 
  • sirben33
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your answer. I have now found the Solution. For some reason the setting for "cooking-size"  in preferences/general tab was set to 1x1. Instead of standard resolution 8192x8192. Simple solution - but not if you don't know the program well.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    8k is the default iirc so how that happened is intriguing.  glad it's fixed though