Home General Discussion

Camera app for auto-focus and auto-periodic -shooting (every x second)- (photogrammetry)

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9

Hello
I have Xiaomi Redmi 5a. Im looking for some camera app (preferably a free one), that can do these 3 things:

1. Auto focus on the middle of the screen (or at the last focus point) - without me having to tap the screen each time to focus.
  2. Take photos automatically in specified time intervals. It would be great if i could enter my own time interval and didnt have to choose from pre-made intervals (but its not necessary) - like take a photo every x second (x=1,2,3,5 seconds whatever)
  3. If i could save the image to RAW or some other lossless format (and not just to a JPG), it would be great...
    So i would like the app, after starting to: auto-focus on the middle of the screen (without me having to tap it each time), take a photo, wait a specified number of seconds and repeat all this indefinitely (until i tell it to stop this)...
    Seems quite simple right? There should be some app that should allow me this...?
    (I want this for photogrammetry/scanning usage if you want to know).
    Also, im looking for some other app, that would "auto" evaluate all the pictures taken and evaluate the "sharpness" of each picture and display it... I would like this to easily identify the shots that are too "blurry" (my hand moved too much while shooting them) and thus i know which shots are too blurry and i can retake them while still in the place where i shoot them...

Which 2 apps (or even one that does this all (?)) would you recommend me?
Thank you

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I am not sure about apps for phones, it's possible there is something out there that does this.

However, if you have a DSLR or mirrorless camera, you could look into something like Arsenal. https://witharsenal.com/

You can set up interval shooting with the time-lapse (intervalometer) function.

Focusing on the center (or any region of the image) is easy to set up with a proper camera too. As is RAW.

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master

If you're using Reality Capture for photogrammetry, avoid using the DNG Picture format phones typically default to for RAW. It'll only use an internal lower resolution jpeg embedded in the DNG file, and not an actual high resolution RAW photo.