Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Pokeball (Blender)

After my first post I got a bit of advice to focus on smaller scale stuff before I try to go for a full scene, so I thought I'd start with something near to my heart. Pokemon Leaf Green was one of the first games I ever played, so here is my rendition of a Pokeball. I'm still planning to texture it with scratches and such, and the box is still a work in progress as well. If anyone has any advice on Lighting, Texturing and such I would appreciate it.

I know it's nothing overly impressive, but I'm proud of how it's coming along.

Replies

• Samael_12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here's an Update, changed up the lightning and got rid of the neon in the background, no clue why I added that in the first place.

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

Nice. Let's see some different lighting, try a two-point and three-point setup.

• Samael_12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here's the new lighting setup, I went for a three point and adjusted the background. Having a bit of difficulty getting the Rim Light to look good without it bleeding onto the cushion for the Pokeball. Let me know what you think.

• Samael_12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank's for the Advice

• Samael_12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Well, this is getting a lot closer to the final render

It took a while to get the symbol modeled out, using an image as a reference I had to place each Vertex indiviually and then subdivide and shrinkwrap the product to the Pokeball. But I think the final product really suits the Pokeball and the style I'm going for. I'm going to be working on texturing it next, the brand new shine looks really nice, but as I'm also using this as practice figuring out a good texturing method should help a lot.

I'm always open to comments, critiscism, and any advice anyone has, so feel free to let me know what you think. I'm just starting out so any feedback is good feedback.