Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Kalina

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Katjat polycounter lvl 5

Hello fellow artist, I am a 3D modeller who has worked on environment and props for games until last year, when I started a mentorship on 3D characters with nimlot26.

Here I'll mostly be posting updates on my personal character sculpts, right before each feedback session. While I do get feedback from my mentor right now, feel free to leave comments on anything I post.💚

Replies

• Katjat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Katjat polycounter lvl 5

The subject of my sculpt is actress Emma Appleton, most known now for her role as Renfri in the Witcher series. My goal is to create a full body model with a female version of the Witcher armor, I've got some concepts in mind specifically made for women, as well as Geralt's own armors for inspiration.

So here is where I am at after starting in October 2022. While she does have a small head, I do think I've brought her head to child-like proportions, and I'm still struggling with her cheeks' shape and jawline.

• Katjat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Katjat polycounter lvl 5

Some photos of Emma for reference.

• Katjat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Katjat polycounter lvl 5
    Update #6
    - Gotta look at more 3/4 views because the silhouette is off from those angles
    - Anatomy still off, especially the fat pads
    - Eye shape weird as always, and I moved the eye polygroup too far out
    - Made the head smaller and narrower but now the neck is too big
    - Too little definition on the temporalis muscles
    - The forehead is still to flat and there's no separation between the skull plates