Home General Discussion

fake job adverts

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666

I heard something terrible recently online where some of the jobs advertised are actually not real. I would not go as far as saying they are totally fake,, but it seems like some companies are trying to manipulate the jobs market. if this is in any way true, then its a real disgrace

https://jobacle.com/blog/the-dirty-truth-why-employers-post-fake-jobs.html

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    It's been going around for a while not recently. My few interviews went as if they are trying to find some information about what the previous company that I used to work for, do, what tools they use, what softwares they use, what is their setup. I mean the job posting seemed legit.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    @DrunkShaman -  well it could be legit , in that maybe they were just curious about what tools you have used etc and if you would fit in to their set up, but you never know :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    @Ruz you can never tell, that is true. It really depends on their line of questioning and how they act around you. So the one that I had was pretty much "Fishing" one of types of scams. I am not sure if it is common in game dev industry.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    pretty bad really, I don't seem to even get replies these days, probably age related, but who knows if the too good to be
    true jobs I applied for were even real :)