Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3d action game development

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    redesigned the gorgon but because she is important boss i won't show her model until game is published. 

But, figuring out how to animate the snake locomotion cycle took more hours than rebuilding the model from scratch and making the rig. 
    There are a few examples online, but few are joint based. The only viable joint based example I found used an FK setup where you offset rotation going down chain. This is okay but pretty hard to iterate on and visualize. But it taught me about offsetting a cycle and I was able to apply that to my IK tail setup and then tweaking the animation exactly to my liking was easy. 

the basic process is to set the extreme ends of the cycle for the first control, then copy and paste that to all the others. Then offset them all a couple frames, then remove one control from the selection and repeat. its pretty much same thing if you do it with FK, but with FK the rotations can get a little funky to visualize and for gorgon its also a problem that you need the body to hover and not influence the tail. So IK seemed to be easier here.