Home Unreal Engine

The Edges of my Mesh EXPLODE when I'm applying a material/texture

Hello, i'm not very good Unreal, but in general I have no issue. Recently i got a bug where my Static Mesh transform/deform when i am applying a material. An Instance Material only for this Mesh, with his proper textures. However, like i mentonned, it changes my model. Unlike all my other objects, it's the only one that has this bug. It all uses the same Master Material. Thank you if you can help !

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Could create a new material and hook up the textures, to rule out it's related to the current master material settings.

• nicolas284
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Unfortunately, that didn't change anything. I applied the material to other objects and they are not distorted. I don't know what to do.

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Hm, can't tell what's going wrong. You could migrate an affected asset, zip the files, upload and share it here along with what Unreal version you're using, then others can try to reproduce on their end.

Alternatively, you could just zip the fbx + textures and share here, so people can check it.

Another way to debug the issue on your side, would be to disconnect all material inputs, check if the issue occurs, then hook up the inputs one after another and check after each step.