Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP][UE5] Stylized Valley/Open Field Scene

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
SomeAB polycounter lvl 3

This is supposed to be not a portfolio piece, but more of an test bed for the skills I recently upgraded ..

Original Reference:

First step is Asset Planning:

Replies

• SomeAB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SomeAB polycounter lvl 3

I had last night sculpted 2 rocks and sort of prepared a quick placeholder mockup of the scene.. but my scale was off in some places, and I didn't like how the scene was not looking good if I moved the camera.

So after taking a good night sleep, I decided to do it properly, and setup scale first for the foreground elements, and do a proper placeholder/mockup. Here is how the scale looks like, after carefully considering the slopes and distance from camera. Remember, things further away are actually bigger in real life.

Here is rock 1, 2, 4, 5 from above .. and tree size for reference, alongside a human mannequin

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master

I like the composition of the concept, but it does have a lot of scale issues, so definitely be careful about those. The trees look tiny, the pillar in the clouds looks massive compared to the next one closer to the camera. Definitely start blocking out the scene right away and try to make it make more sense.

• SomeAB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SomeAB polycounter lvl 3

Did a low poly sculpt of the scene, and set it up in Blender. It holds decently when I move the camera as well.. so I think I'm ready to go do the High Poly.. detailed meshes.