Home Unity

Attempts in "modular" character assembling

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
sympatik polycounter lvl 10

If I import in Unity (urp metal workflow) from my modeling app a fbx character assembled by several meshes (seven), each with its own uv/material/texture, the engine sees the uvs/material/texture of the first mesh which began the ensemble (say the body), and assigns correctly on it its own material and texture: the other meshes rather doesn't visualize correctly their uvs/textures, but remain gray. When I import each part separately and I nest them in Unity, all comes smooth. Though when it come to place bones on the character and I import it into Mixamo as for the ensembled configuration, and then I import the rigged mesh into Unity, I get again the same problem: and obviously I cannot import the character mesh-by-mesh into Mixamo, which wants a one-load mesh... What is the solution? I tried to have all parts mapped into a unique 4092*2 map, but besides being cumbersome, having it made up by uv of different dimensions gets to me more details and reduces the weight for smaller objects. So?