Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback wanted

Wanted to create a simple , scifi , mech type bee, these are some renders that without any edits, how do you think i could improve on this and what is wrong with it ?

Replies

• jgarrison
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jgarrison polycounter lvl 5

Personally I think the shape of the head is still too similar to the primitive sphere you started out with, you could try pushing it closer to the shape of an actual bee head

Some of the seam lines on your material leave me confused, because I think the material is supposed to be hard metal or plastic, but the seams make it look like it could be fabric. I think maybe this happened because of a problem with the topology while you were sculpting, or too low of a subdivision level. How you go about fixing this would depend on what software you're using for the sculpt.

I don't really understand the material that the wings are made of---it's some vague sci-fi plating thing, i get that, but it seems to end abruptly and it's asymmetrical. If you don't want to go into a lot of effort detailing the mechanism of the wings I think you might be better off using like a black vinyl or plastic material or something, like whatever small drone propellers are made from. That same material doesn't really line up on the abdomen either, idk what you're doing your materials in but if you have access to something like tri-planar or spherical projection that could help it look more lined up.

The legs look like they're missing landing pads or something! Too smooth and slippery otherwise, needs to be able to hold to a surface or pick things up. That's all I got, hope it helps. I think it's coming along good and I like the wires on his upper legs!

• Ovidiu_Bogdan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you for the feedback, i ll have a look and modify eveything that you have mentioned, the only exeption being the shape of the head, it's just the way i wanted it to be , was just experimenting with rounded hard surfaces and i think the actual sirfaces turned out pretty good