Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Fronk3D

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Fronk3D triangle

Welcome to my sketchbook, this will mostly showcase what I am working on, feedback is always appreciated.

Replies

• Fronk3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fronk3D triangle

Dear Polycounters,

Lately I have been working on a lot of 3d related work and it has been an enjoyable journey so far. Starting this journal is a way for me to stay motivated and provide me a point to look back on an reminisce about once I will be a lot better.

Starting off with some sub-d practice.

There are a lot of rules for the sake of being rules with these assignments which would have to be accounted for if you were to be willing to provide feedback on these. Which as I might note is always more than welcome.

Some feedback that I have for myself is that on some of the shapes, especially the rounder ones I tend to eyeball the wireframe a bit which doesn’t look as clean as having it perfectly spaced out. As my skill improves this will probably become less of an issue.

When working on this something popped up which I still must look more into, which is where to terminate the edge loops to minimize my topology without creating creasing or artefacts. Keeping in mind the course rules: "which is to have only quads no matter what the situation is".

So far this has been a pretty fast paced learning experience where I knocked out some shapes per day. It helps that I already had a loose understanding of the sub-d workflow and am already familiar with blender at this point.

I do want to say that Machin3tools is the GOAT plugin for some of this stuff, it amazed me to find out blender has no surface constraint natively without setting up shrink-wrap modifiers etc.

The ref is in green

I am already looking forward to the day I can look back at this with a better understanding and more skill.