Home Career & Education

Head of Game art

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
salimmatta polycounter lvl 7

Hello guys,

I have been on this website since 2016, as years passed I have developed my technical and theoretical skills, and recently I have been promoted to the head of game art in our local company (I have more than 25 employees to manage)

I would like to ask for tips regarding this high position from anyone who already has experience in it. I'm doing well overall, but more information from experienced and skilled people from the industry will buff me up and will be very useful.

Thank you!

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter

Most important thing you can do is identify people you can trust and delegate responsibility to them.

With a team that size you absolutely cannot give each individual the amount of time they deserve from a manager, let alone still deal with corporate stuff/setting long term direction etc. on top.

A lot of people - myself very much included - have trouble giving up control of the details but it's something you just have to accept or you'll end up burning yourself out very quickly.

• salimmatta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    salimmatta polycounter lvl 7

Thank you! I'm doing that in a way or another, I also prepared a sheet that includes an entire game art pipeline skills and softwares and passed it for all members to fill it, just for me to understand weak/strong points for every individual.