Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Modular Mesoamerican Inspired Building (Unreal Engine 4)

Currently working on a modular game environment for my independent module in university. This project incorporates a lot of "firsts" for me: including first time creating and using trim sheets, modular design, and the full environment art pipeline. In the past I have only focused on props but my main goal has always been to learn environment art.

At this point in the project I have completed all the wall pieces for both the main building and the platform it stands on. The next step is to figure out the roof, as I have been told by my teachers that thatch is a difficult material to get right (so any advice would be greatly apprieciated). I am also aiming to add decals and props to the scene in future to finish it off :)

08/02/23 - Screenshots taken in Unreal engine 4.

Any comments, advice, or critique, is fully welcomed :)

Replies

• ItsReasonArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

18/02/23 - Hero Assets and Emissive Textures

Hi o/ - quick update

Hero Assets -

Modelling and texturing of the 4 hero assests needed for this building is now complete. They all use the same trim sheet as the rest of the building so that if any texture changes are needed they will continue to be uniform in apperance. In order to finish these assets, I now need to create the "Godess" and "Sign/Logo" decals to on on top.

Emissive Textures -

I changed the texture used for the inside of the windows to use "emissive" instead of "base colour". The effect is very basic but I'm close to the end of this project, so i'll work on the effect in the next one :)

Day Time:

Night Time:

Thank You for having a look! Any comments, advice, or critique, is fully welcomed :) - ReasonArt

• ItsReasonArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

09/03/2023 - Official Hand in

Hi again o/

At this point in time I have officially handed in the project to be marked. However there are many more things I would like to add to the scene before I make a post to my portfolio, such as props and building up the surroundings.

For my hand in I created a mini-artbook for the project. Here is how it looked:

Thank you for having a look! Any feedback is welcomed :)