Home Technical Talk

Goz - Zbrush > Blender Centering issue

nickholl
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
nickholl polycounter lvl 3

Hi

When sending my work from zbrush to blender using Goz, its offsetting it slightly from the 0,0,0 in the blender and im not sure why. Ive centered it perfectly in the zbrush scene, so arent sure what else to try

would anybody have any suggestions?

many thanks

Nick

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Perhaps the axis is moving to the center of the object and it is not 100% at the center? can't think of anything else really. I haven't ever looked into sorting out the axis in zbrush i always used alternative methods, would it be impossible to send everything to blender in some way, in max we can "hide the level of detail of objects in a scene to a "box", it is helpful to import really high geometry this way and sort out issues. So hopefully blender has something similar where you can import the entire zbrush scene with the lod's (keep the lower levels if you have any in zbrush,backup,backup) then sort out the axis, 0,0,0 settings on all objects in the group in blender and send it back to zbrush (together or one at a time) then try it again. You can also test this process with one object and see what happens.

Best i can do with nothing other than the sentence.

• nickholl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickholl polycounter lvl 3

Sorry - ive a bad habbit of not posting images. What you explained above is basically what GoZ does really, its sends all the subtools over to blender at their lowest subdiv.

I cant think why it would make it offscentre like this

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Okay cool yeah, my eyes see in the zbrush version it needs to be moved ever so slightly to the right, idk your age but if you can not tell this is a touch off in zbrush idk what is happening between these pics but i have 20/10 vision i hear 10/10 is pretty amazing but yeah, for me its off needs a little more to the right, perhaps a check up for glasses might be needed for you in the future, eye deterioration (could be "hereditary" i doubt these things but to avoid arguments) its usually food related, lack of a nutrient over time will create situations, same for over abundance, i study a lot of area's so i know a small bit (experimented with myself can't speak for everyone else.)

Hope this helps, if you've unlocked that little lock in zbrush and moved the axis and tried your best to move it back, this would be the issue(i see), appologize for the delayed response, i do a bit outside the net, you probably already figured this out but i was tryin to assist you though i can only do so much.

All the best again if you manage to figure it out, leaving the answer here helps others.

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

By centered you mean the subtools position is at 0,0,0? Iirc the position section is in the geometry menu, where position values can be checked/ typed in.