Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Bunny Shop

KatharinaSuhany
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
KatharinaSuhany polycounter lvl 4

Hello everybody!

While learning Blender I decided to recreate Bethany Kings shop concept art in 3D using Unreal.

At the moment I feel stuck with my progress and I would really appreciate some feedback.

Below you can see the scene I am currently working with. I think that I am struggling mostly with the emptiness of the scene and the lighting. But I am honestly not quite sure if there are some other things as well that do not look quite right.

I am looking forward to reading your replies and feedback! :)

Replies

• MMKH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MMKH polycounter lvl 11

Nice design and 3D model so far. :)

What I could suggest is to make the bunny bigger in proportion to the rest of the building. Also, please check rabbit proportions (e.g. make the ears much longer and face the side a bit; less front-facing like cat ears).

Also, consider what is the main product or service that is being "sold" at this "bunny shop"? Can make those bigger so they stand out to a customer. Hope this feedback is useful. :)

• Timmiehay3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Timmiehay3 polycounter lvl 2

I like that you decided to choose a 'realistic' rabbit than the stylized one in the concept art. The face looks cute, the only thing I would fix is the ears.

Specifically look up Netherland dwarf breeds of rabbits because they are very popular and commonly used in illustrations. Also their facial structure looks the closest to your model.

You can find more pics on google, but the key note is that its ears are close together than far apart.

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Hey, cool project!

Regarding the presentation, I think colored shadows would be nice to give an impression of ambient light (along with a fitting background?) and to have something like the bunny appear more soft/fuzzy. Right now it looks a bit monotone. In the concept there are also those plant elements that add some variation and break up large areas.

Keep it up!

• KatharinaSuhany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thanky you very much for the detailed feedback - I will try to implement as much as I can and give some updates soon! :)

• KatharinaSuhany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hello again everybody! :)

I am back with some updates to my scene: I added and scaled some meshes up to make them more visible, changed the ears and updated the testure of the giant bunny and tweaked the lighting a little bit. You can see the updates dows below:

I hope I improved the scene a bit and I am looking forward to read everyones feedback! ^^