Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4][WIP] "DM-Wasteworks_01" DM/TDM map for Unreal Tournament

Hello Polycount. 

There is going to be a lot of "my firsts" here in this post so please bear with me.

My first UT map!

Decided to post my first "finished" iteration of a map that I've been working on. This started as a fun project and over time changed into something that I personally would like to pursue in the future. Am a huge fan of older FPS, whether it be Quake, Half-Life or UT. 

I understand that polycount is mainly an Artist forum so heads up there is going to be a lot of bare bone blocked out Level Design stuff here. Not the most exciting I know, but I would really appreciate some feedback from other enthusiasts and professionals from the field. So HUGE THANK YOU to all who share their knowledge! 

Since this has begun as a fun project it is obvious from the map that it was iteration first and plan later. Trying to finish this map has made a couple of things obvious to me that If I started a map from scratch now, I would go differently about it.

So, I decided to create a closed asymmetrical map. The idea was to create memorable locations for the players to help orientation on the map. Thematically around canals / waste processing.

I don't have the layout at hand right now, but if you have Unreal Tournament (2004) then you can download it here and try it out yourselves.

Looking forward to your feedback.

*Piston Room*

*Outside of waterfall room*

*Quick navigation examples*

Replies