Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Floating Foodtruck

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
RipNic polycounter lvl 13

I'm working on a personal project. The idea is to have a stylized "flying food truck"

I want to maintain a "Shabby " design to it. Like low end, poor condition and definitely not the healthiest to eat from, Best before date: Unkown

But also want to maintain a stylized and comical touch to it.

So right now I'm working on a block out but feel free to comment if you have any feedback to give.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

At the moment idk how pedestrians or drivers under said food truck would like drinks split or food falling onto the windshields, the open floor plan might be a bad idea if we are attempting "realism", perhaps i am also over thinking it, as i usually do. (what made me even notice was, i was looking for repetitiveness and that caught my eyes, underside) This looks like a fun idea, looking forward to more. (the longer you noodle the better it gets, at least i find, the "more time", you put into something the better/or/worse(depends) it gets and all that.)

• RipNic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RipNic polycounter lvl 13

Thank you,

It's a good point you mentioned about the spilt food. When I was gathering references I was kinda visualising the "world" to be shabby and dirty. Like junker town from Overwatch and the city from the fifth element, and that people simply don't care. It's a dirty and shabby city.

Another idea for the concept was " A'ls meat wagon, haven't been to the mechanics ever and his products are crap and cheap. But he travels around in the city and tries to sell his meat." I don't think that "Al's" simply doesn't care about health and safety issues, and he goes away if the cops arrive :)

I want to maintain a stylized touch to it, so not aiming for realism here.

I was also looking at some references about various food trucks and some of them are not the cleanest either so it might work in that setting.

I can also see that there is some repetitiveness going on underneath when you mentioned it, with the fuel tubes and all and I currently don't like how the side vents are placed, intersecting with the under the hull.

But thank you for the comments, I will see what I can do :)