Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Shoebox cassette recorder

Lemenus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Lemenus polycounter lvl 5

Decided to work hard on upping my skills, haven’t tried to make it quick, rather learn how to make something good in a first place. Want to be able to produce professional looking works

Model of shoebox cassette recorder, supposed to be used in game (6290 tris), done in Blender + MT + SP, rendered in Cycles.

I think there's too much big scratches on lid, should've reduce them and add tiny scratches (and probably even increase it's space on UV, or even make separate set of textures for it, but it would be bad for performance i guess)

I really hope that slider looks ok with messed normals (i placed it’s uv island on scroll). Only now noticed that i forgot to add letters here.

Definetly will remove excess dirt from handle, also i think i overdo dirt/dust on buttons

Gotta remove scratches from lid’s inner sides

I always think about back side in a last moment, gotta remove dirt here, and also tweak battery normals

I had big struggle setting up plastic lid material, it’s shouldn’t have lot of refraction, so i lovered ior almost to floor, but it affected normal map - it become almost invisible, redone material from the ground, hope it looks at least fine.

Really tried to pack everything into 2k texture, but still had to make it into 4k, but even here can’t add some more details, like stickers there and there, even looking at lid’s scratches it’s easy to see that it have small uv space

Cassette will be finished bit later.

I need feedback, criticique and suggestions how to improve it