Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Locomotives & Wagons

Deelus
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Deelus polycounter lvl 4

Hi everyone! This is my latest project which i want to share with you. It took few month to finish this.

Rendered in UE5.

Any critique is appreciated.

Locomotives:

Replies

• Deelus
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

I myself am not into trains but your effort on the trains looks great and looks like a lot of work so congrats.

yuk a f@c3bo0k video but its close up-ish on some wear at the end might help : here

From what i can see viewing a lot of references in an attempt to help with anything is that i see the "rust" patterning standing out after viewing i.r.l. imgs of rusted trains.

The bold and streaks on this irl train looks neat & sort of match a few of the colors you are using: here & i like the paint leaking look here

Lighting seems to matter with how much debris we can see such as in this img : here

faded paint and rust: here much more aged then what i think you are going for but mix and match. :)

lots of colors and images here that maybe you didn't see yet: here might help with some patterns color ideas.

some mold close up : here

bottom paint design and rust ideas maybe? here more wear "drip wear" here & here

aging : here(discoloration) / here(undercolorpaint) i really like the blue shine and paint and wear here(under the 14) cant find a bigger img for this one but hopefully you can if you like it also.

I feel after all this some of your colorful paint isn't matching the reference wear, the bold yellows in particular look very clean as an example on the blue wagon/cart. Too clean for me, the yellows, hard to find any trains without the yellow being worn. :(

Hope this helps at all, nice work otherwise, i suppose this is over kill and overboard with what you are showing / the goal you are after but felt imgs help more than words would. If you like what you got you can ignore this, just felt you might be after C&C. "Any critique is appreciated."

• Deelus
    Offline / Send Message
    Deelus polycounter lvl 4

Thanks a lot iam717! Live and learn. I will definitely take all that into account in future projects, this one is done and i will be move on. And yes, my goal was to make them not so aged, just a bit. Thanks for your critics, it's always pleasure to hear constructive critics.