Home Career & Education

How long did it take the studio to reply to your application?

ned_poreyra
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ned_poreyra polycounter lvl 4

I'm not asking about the automated "thank you blah blah" replies, but you know - the actual answer showing their interest in hiring you, inviting you to an interview etc.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

It's best not to dwell on it, but move on to the next opportunity. Game companies are notoriously poor at communicating with candidates. So my advice is to keep moving forward, and not let any one application keep you up at night.

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter

most jobs I've ever applied to don't even send the "we got your application" message, lol. (not 3d / games stuff, just jobs in general)

I would treat your applications as fire and forget. Just be sure to leave some notes about place you applied to that you can easily search, so that if some place does get back, you don't get caught with your pants down and don't remember who they are.

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter

you're not going to get a thankyou letter for applying.

They'll contact you if you seem appropriate for any of their current roles - it could be weeks before they get to you depending on the volume of applicants and how busy the hiring managers are.

• NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter

A lot of hiring comes down to budget which may or may not change. Also there is internal transferring as well which makes the situation more unpredictable.

Having had industry experience and being in an area where there are more studios competing for candidates also helps.

For me the shortest time to get an interview was 1 month and the longest was 2 years.

The wierdest one was getting an affirmative to interview and then finding the entire studio being liquidated before the interview was scheduled (I.e they were hiring for a company that had ceased to exist but not everyone on the inside knew about it)

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character

That will depend on side of the studio and how well HR are doing their job It could be from few hours to few months but if you dont get reply in 2 weeks you can pretty much forget about it