Home Unreal Engine

RESOLVED: Trying to create simple 2-PBR material blend - NOT Vertex material

arcitek
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
arcitek polycounter lvl 2

I will start by saying I am NOT a material expert in anyway so this is all on me, meaning, my ignorance is creating this issue. I am wanting to take two full materials that are each a type of aged plaster wall. In order to break up the texture tiling using just one material, I want to be able to control the blend of 2 separate materials using a mask. I do not want to do vertex painting/ blending since it would mean I am adding more vertices/ faces to all of the walls. If I can take two materials, control the UV tiling of each separately as well as the mask, I should be able to get what I want…I think. I’ve tried this with what I am showing here but the preview, and resulting material instance, show just this solid color.

Replies

• arcitek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arcitek polycounter lvl 2

I figured out the problem. Themateriallayerblend node was not working with the layer attributes. I used the blendmaterialattributes node whcih took care of things. There is just so much I do not know or understand when it comes to materials. It is like spending time in an inlet thinking you now know the nature of the ocean.

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter

the layer blend nodes are specific to layered materials - this stuff is not well documented at all so don't feel bad