Home Unity

Where can I find a testers?

Lukke88
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lukke88 polycounter lvl 6

Hi, I have 4GB project of RPG game written mainly in C# in Unity and I will need testers.

How is possible to do it ? Does anyone testing for free or share on next profit ?

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

friends and family? might be the safest i wouldn't know, sounds risky for people to just upload it somewhere. I am very late on a response and thought others might come around but its been a bit so i'll say, Friends & family as rough as that might be. Perhaps hire a tester? maybe that can be safe.

Edit: the end of games credits has names of "testers" so maybe start there speak to a studio that will respond maybe that will work but i think they want $, you might get lucky though so try it doesn't hurt.

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter

reddit has been most productive place for me. Imgur is second best, though if you make same post on imgur different days, some days everybody may hate you for self promotion, and other times you get nothing but praise. Hard to predict but it doesn't really matter if some people don't like your post.

Nearly all of my playtesters came from reddit as far as i can tell.

having a website has helped to keep people trickling in over time. Though my game is very niche - it may be harder to find testers for something with a ton more competition.

from about 200 playtesters, only like 10% actually left any worthwhile feedback. It was still worth it in general but just to set expectations, don't expect people to say very much. So having other ways to try and figure out how they did with the game is important, versus just relying on what they say.