Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Morgott the omen king bust progress for unreal 5

iv0_art
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
iv0_art polycounter lvl 3

Hi everyone i am making a bust of morgott from elden ring, before i proceed with detailing i want to ask you guys if you look it correct with the proportions and other stuff, addionally i want to share my progress in this post.

some references from the game

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Hey! I recommend sharing your image references too. When looking for references, it can also help to search for look-alikes for certain features (body/neck, face, horns).

With the current sculpt, I think you could improve anatomy of neck/upper body and the "flow" of the horns.

Keep it up!

• iv0_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

hey, thank you for the reply, i posted some references from the game in the case someone else can give me some feedback about the likeness,but looking more closely you are right, i think i can improve the clavicle and the muscles of the neck in general.

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

That would be areas to improve 👍️

As I wrote, try to find additional references for details (original concept art). When only referencing in game screenshots, one follows the abstraction a 3d artist already made (after several iterations presumably). Instead try to grasp to get the underlying, holistic concept. In this case ancient guardian/protector?, large frame, once filled out with muscle, now old, drained/dehydrated, mutated?, beastly?, skin condition?

I think with the stoic and weathered face you are on the right the direction. Personally, I would try include the hair into the blockout (if too tedious at this stage, you can make overpaints).

• sarasumm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sarasumm polycounter lvl 4

The face likeness is coming along well, but I would recommend taking another pass at the neck anatomy. It can help to lower the cut of the bust into the chest so that you can better visualize the clavicles and scapula. The pauldrons are also an important part of the silhouette, so make sure to get those blocked in as soon as you can.

• iv0_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

thank you guys!, for your feedback, i never did a personal project accompained with another artist vision during the creation process before, so i really apreciate it, your point of view are really valuable for me, i think i will keep posting my process here.

• iv0_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hello Everyone, once more i still advancing with my bust for unreal 5 i tried to follow the recomendations and feedback so i decided to move to next step. the people that replied before dont have the obligation to give me another reply, i just want to post my progress if somenone else can give another feedback or a comment of this step.

(note, i still didnt finish the part of the cuted horns)

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

hi! I feel you can still push the anatomy based on some look alike references.

Here is a rough overpaint based on some old man reference. In that case the main thing would be more pronounced saggy, weighted down volumes that break up the face and give sort of those vertical lines. But I don't know, maybe you want him to be younger. In that case different references will give you ideas.

Could look up skin conditions too, to get the ideas for old/mutated skin (potato nose?)

Keep it up ⚒️

• iv0_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

thanks for the overpaint, i will try to apply that changes on this iteration before i move to the hair phase. 💪