Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for 3D models to upskill my animation skills

Hi there, My name is Daniël and I am a game art/design generalist. The downside of being a generalist is that you sometimes do not have the time available to keep all your skills up to speed.

I am looking to improve my animation skills, preferably character animations skills, this includes rigging and skinning.

Are there any good 3D artists out there that are willing to share their Character models with me so I can animate them. Also willing to create animations that you need for your character.

Only importance for me, is that I can share the model including animations on Sketchfab and my personal portfolio ( including artist mentioning in the description of course! )

Hope to hear from you,

Daniel Sturing

Replies

• Tiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth

Hi Daniel,

Not sure what the current prices are, but have you considered to use Mixamo models for this purpose for example? DAZ offers also a whole bunch of premade animation ready characters. And then there is Makehuman. Or Character creation software from Autodesk and Reallusion.

Best is imho to model the characters by yourself. A good topology is already part of the animation. And one of the most important ones.

Kind regards

Tiles