World Makers is looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to join our team. You will be working as part of our multidisciplinary team to bring to life the environment of Deceit 2, our multiplayer social deception horror game. This is a 3 month contract role.
- Work from concept art and reference imagery to build modular kits, mix materials and construct realistic in-game environments.
- World build and light environments in Unreal Engine 5, working within sensible budgets for current generation consoles and modern PC hardware.
- Balance technical, gameplay, and artistic constraints and work collaboratively to reach solutions between disciplines.
- Present, discuss, and critique your own work as well as other members in the team, providing constructive and effective feedback and direction.
- Development experience on multiple shipped titles.
- A thorough knowledge of modern shader models.
- A broad knowledge of both current and past video game environments.
- A high proficiency in industry standard tools (Max/Maya, Blender, Quixel, Substance, Photoshop).
- Experience utilising online asset libraries to speed up workflows.
- Experience using Unreal Engine is beneficial.
- Experiencing using or creating photogrammetry is beneficial.
YOUR PORTFOLIO SHOULD
- Demonstrate your ability to create multiple complex environments, both interior and exterior, in multiple architectural styles.
- Show at least one environment demonstrating strong creative vision, an eye for detail, composition and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrate at least one environment created within strict performance budgets.
- Demonstrate both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Demonstrate PC PBR quality texturing.
- Demonstrate the ability to UV complex objects efficiently.
If you’d like to apply, please email [email protected] with your CV and a link to your portfolio.