Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] - is it possible to do Symmetrical uniforms while sculpting Asymmetrical figures?

i am doing an Lady death collectible statue, but when i got to the transpose master- step my zbrush just died and the transpose master lost its origin so now i have to start doing the pose again.

since i am aiming exclusively to work as a collectible sculptor, i started asking myself if i should sculpt in directly in assymetry instead of doing the T Pose to pose.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character

If you can sure , but there is significant difference at least in the beginning from sculpting symmetrical to sculpting in pose , if you put the time to break the wall between this 2 sure you will get much more expressive ,dynamic and unique figures

Answer to your question its yes there are a few way that you can do that but they all require preplanning and extra steps

Probably easier is to use layer to store the pose but that will lock you away from a lot of tools + bunch other limitations

Other way is to have character rigs or at least have blendshape between symmetrical and pose in a different program You can use that to switch between poses with either importing level 1 directly or using GoZ and shrink wrap to rig model

I guess you could try to use animation tool in zbrush or /with combination of zsphere rig as well

There might be a plug in that automate all of that so try to look for one

• HelzBenz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

i heard of that sometimes in the middle of the project companies change the pose, it sometimes can be a little to a whole new pose(almost like starting the project all again).

personaly i think i would prefer to do the character already in the pose, the feel i got from that is doing everything in pose seems to have more Artistic freedom, whereas doing the T pose seems much more technical.

On my next project i will try to do everything already in the pose to see which one i like the most, Thank you!