Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Character - Emperor - WIP

node
Offline / Send Message
Reni_V node

Hi everyone, I decided to post the other character I am working on on a separate topic. This is a project for my final year at university. My team and I will be making a first-person game level. The game is greek inspired fantasy. I am one of the 3D character and concept artists for the team. I will be doing the Emperor, one of the antagonists and primary targets for the player to kill. Here is the concept I will be following (made by me):

Later I will post the finished version of the concept with all the clothes and colours.

And here is the progress of my sculpt so far:

I am open to feedback :)

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Nice pose. The figure has good weight and looks grounded. Looks like he has lumps on his jaw line. Fingers could be a bit relaxed. The upper arm (deltoid bicept tricept) Need work, as does the forearm, calves, ankles and foot shapes. Daz 3d should help as a reference:

You can change the figure volume.

• Reni_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reni_V node

Oh, cool thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I still have a lot to work on. I haven't done many characters so I am challenging myself with different body types. I will check Daz 3d. Looks like a useful thing!

• Reni_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reni_V node

Hi everyone! I left this one for a while but now I finished the main body sculpt. Later I will work on the face. By the end of this week, I will try to make the clothes block out. I am still thinking about using Marvalouse designer or just sculpting the clothes in Zbrush. We will see what will be my approach to it.

Final concept (made by me):

Sculpt progress:

• Reni_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reni_V node
  • Reni_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reni_V node

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while. I was too busy with my other projects for uni. But here is my latest update on this project. I decided to not waste time in Marvelous designer since I don't feel confident enough to use it so I sculped the clothes of this character. It can always look better but I want to get it to a good point so I have something finished and I just need to tweak the things that are off.

Here is the sculpt:

And this is the test bake and texture I made this morning. I wanted to make sure everything looks good so I can concentrate on texturing for both projects. The black dots on the leather are a mesh that I forgot to import (That would be fixed later today.) I will probably spend a bit more time on a nice gold design for the cloth.

• Reni_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reni_V node

Hi guys!

Here is some update on this project. I left the texturing part for a while and now I am making the hair of the character. Here is the beard base I made:

I will finish the base today so I can add more blending cards and flying hairs to make it more natural looking.

• Reni_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reni_V node

Hi there!

I was quite busy so I didn't have time to post updates on this project. But this is the final result of this character. You can check my Artsation post for more information: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xYa8wr

It can always be better but I am happy with what I got so far. After gaining some new skills working on this piece I hope the next one will be even better!