Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demon Midas

node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Zack_Kun node

Concept 3 : Demon Midas

Hey,a little less happy with this project because i couldn't do that i want. 

Still working on the workflow. The main problem with this character is making UVs of the head with Zbrush beacause the mouth is open that make UV completly ugly compare to the previous character.

Next time, i think that i can go to substance painter/Marmoset to edit it if the mouth stay close!! lol

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Yeah,... its best to get the figure down first. You can use free reference like Daz 3D:

• Zack_Kun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack_Kun node

Lol okay thx! just be more gentle next time:)

Sometimes its better to have a good base and sometimes its better to do every things from start to learn anatomy. On this concept, only the head was not create by me. I have just put some modifications on it.

My english is not perfect i hope is understandable:) Anyway i wil try this for the next concept. It can be a good exercice to modify anatomy from a base mesh.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Ah ok. No problem with your English, its very clear. Yeah there are 2 ways you can go: do the entire figure which gives you the most flexibility, but costs loads of time and practice, or replicate the mesh. There are many people who do that.

Just for fun, try make the whole thing (just the figure) for practice, Try and do it with a copy of the software (above) and lots of good anatomic reference next to your screen. Dont spend too much time on the practice sculpts. Try to nail the essence of the figure, You might like it. Do a bit of that everyday and see your skill explode!