Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback request on creature sculpt

Hi there, I've started this sculpt but I'm stuck on how to improve it/where to go from here and would appreciate some help and feedback. Thanks!

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Hey! I think it looks cool. I like the volume and surface you got on the horns and some of the upper skull.

Got some more context on the project? What's your goal with it? Textured bust? Game asset?

Looking closer, I wonder about functionality, how would the creature look like if closed its mouth?

If you plan to add color (or just for fun), you could do some paint overs to explore different options.

• sofiejg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hiya, it is just gonna be the textured bust, for some practice

I was thinking the teeth come forward as it opens its jaw and goes back when it closes so it can close like this

I could do some polypaint for some colour options before I texture it

Was also stuck on what kind on interesting surface detail I could do like scales/ect

Thanks!

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Ah, cool.

I would take a step back and do some overpaints to think about surface and colors. If you used animals as reference could source from there. If you didn't, still can retroactively look up different animals to get ideas of surfaces and surface transitions.

Keep it up!