Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steampunk Adventurer − Tess

Hey guys! I wanted to share with you my latest character project. During the last semester of my bachelors degree, I started working on a short film using Unreal Engine 5. Since I'm a huge Steampunk fan, I chose it as a general setting for the film and needed a fitting character to go along with it. So I created the character you see here: Tess, a young adventurer who loves tinkering.

I did most of the process in ZBrush and created a base for the garments in Marvelous Designer before also importing them into ZBrush. Retopo, UVs, Skinning and some minor hard surface modeling was done in Maya. For baking and texturing, I used Substance Painter and did some minor additional material setups in Unreal Engine. For the hair, I used Xgen (my first time for a full hairstyle).

I'm already aware of some areas that I need to work on for future projects, but getting some more input from a different perspective could help a lot. I'm curious to see what you guys think and would love to get some feedback so I can improve.

For a more detailed look: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OmY8zg