Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Kumquatt_Tea

Hi all!

I'm Kate, a 2D and 3D artist. Here I'll be showcasing my work throughout the year.

Project 1: Diorama

Concept work:

Final render:

I quite like this one! Initially I wanted a more complex design for my assets, but I decided against it since it was giving me too much trouble. This project was fun!

Project 2: Z-Brush Creature Bust

My victim: Frye from Splatoon 3

Reference:

Anyone who knows me is well aware I'm obsessed with Splatoon. The funky music, designs, and gameplay are all right up my alley.

This was my very first time using Z-Brush. Though it was difficult getting used to the controls and interface, I definitely learned a lot using this program. It feels a lot more natural than all the other 3D programs I've used. I can see myself using Z-Brush or programs like it in the foreseeable future.

Project 3: Game Ready Asset

My render of the E-liter 4k from Splatoon 3!

Can you tell I love Splatoon? Big shocker, I know.

For this assignment, I thought it would be fitting to model a weapon from my favorite game series. I love the creativity of the weapon designs from Splatoon, and chargers are my favorite class of weapon. Though I ended up turning this in late, I think it turned out pretty decent for my first game asset.

Project 4: Game Environment

My fourth and final project for my Game Art 1 class!

I had a lot of fun with this one, was initially aiming for something a bit more ambitious, but I ended up running out of time. Really unfortunate. This is definitely a project I want to revisit at some point in time, I have so many cool ideas for this that I want to showcase.