Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I'm new on Sculpting

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hey! This is awkward... but I'm new at things like actively being in a forum and stuff and also to sculpting, been practicing zbrush for a couple months and I sure could use some feedback in knowing what the heck am I doing.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4XOg5k

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

pretty interesting model dude. with anything in art, focused study yields tangible results. the actual unfun kind of study. your cape work is okay but, i think you should study teachings around painting and sculpting cloth. i think you'll find it will improve a broad range of aspects other than just cloth.

regarding being active in a forum, i found being engaged with the community and its members is how it's done. being involved is what breaths life into a forum. when someone engages with your work, try to involve them and be open to using their advice. take part in the community's activities, mega threads, and most importantly individual threads, by sharing your work and your opinions of theirs. it's actually a great way to learn and develop your understanding and ability to speak about art.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

When you start character work it is a good idea to build from the ground up. Its very useful to practice on figure anatomy. A lot of 3d character artists start with a naked figure and then cloth it. That helps to make a more convincing piece. Covering up parts like head, hands and feet because they might not look good sort of misses the point when you are starting.

• HWolfen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey! Thanks for posting a reply! I thought the thread wasn't even online/posted at all.

Killnpc, thanks for the advise, both of them, I've tried to be more active on the forum and yes, I know I have ways to learn yet regarding proper sculpting, including of course good clothing 😭

kanga, that's the thing, I know I have to learn properly from the ground up so I can get used to it the right way instead of using a basemesh, but it's kinda hard 😅 lack of practice.