Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WHY MY WORK IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

Hey every one, Hope you all feeling well.

I want to improve my work but I just don't know where are my mistakes c

an anyone give me some critics please?

Thanks ahead

hsnhaji.artstation.com

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool

First of all, what are you trying to achieve? Perfect renders for product design or cgi? Game ready assets? Concept design?

Either way i would work more on the material definition and try to add color variation whithin one material, slight imperfections like fingerprint smudges, manufacturing flaws, etc. What kind of material is it? Where does it live normally? Scratches? Dirt or grime? Dents? Natural use wear? Does the bolt leave any wear marks on the receiver?

And so on, not just a triplanar grunge as roughness.

As for the models, that grip looks very uncomfortable. And how does the weapon operate? It seems like its an interesting design and you put thought into its way of operating, maybe do an animation or suggest it with some stills.

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

what you're showcasing is a limited view. what you've displayed shows a competence in make sci-fi objects for render.

from what you're showing we cannot determine how well you've made their game models. we are not shown UVs, wireframes, nor a final in game result, some renders hide it with post effects. in the pistol's case half the asset is cropped, i am left to assume it has no handle.

making your own decals is worth removing a credit to keep the focus on you.

concepting is about visualizing ideas. for a "concept designer" we'd like to see the conceptual process, we'd like to see the functionality you've imagined. if you're a concept designer that specializes in sci-fi weapons, i'd like to see more ideas, a broader scope of styles, materials, so on.

• GhostKiller1998

Thanks!

I will consider your advices for next project.